Testing percent changes between two groups?

Is there a test/effect size, or a need to test, percent changes between 2 groups? I’m interested in testing if there is a difference between men’s percent changes -19.61 vs. 53.10. Say for data that looks like this:

Year 1 admissions Year 2 Admissions GROUP 1 % Change Year 1 admissions Year 2 Admissions GROUP 2 % Change
Male 50977 40978 -19.61 436518 668306 53.10
Female 3492 5417 55.13 219892 385224 75.19

I read into a two sample test for proportions but that feels wrong because the actual props. are often larger than |1|. Thanks!!

submitted by /u/shadowwork
[link] [comments]

Published by

Nevin Manimala

Nevin Manimala is interested in blogging and finding new blogs https://nevinmanimala.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *